Proposal; Raise sell taxes to 10% or 5% and burn those

please make a vote to keep 0% buy taxes and raise sell taxes to 10% or at least 5% then burn those collected taxes automatically in contract

From the arb bot?

You can’t burn another person’s tokens.

2 Likes

It was worth a thought. Naughty arb bot must be punished

3 Likes

but i’m not asking to burn another person token, only the collected taxes from sales :slight_smile:

3 Likes

10% may be a bit high but Im in full support of a low buy and higher sell tax to promote holding and punish large dumpers. It may just force some of the nasty arbitrage bots elsewhere. Im going to actually support this. I know its drastic but we may need drastic measures to counter these new types of bots.

I support this proposal IF, the blacklist proposal either does not work or does not pass.

4 Likes

Also would support this.

2 Likes

Hindsight is 20/20

I believe I was correct when I initially proposed this and I feel like it’s still the correct move. Had it been in place I think the chart would be holding far better! This would attract new holders and reward diamond hands

When the product comes out move to 0/0

4 Likes

thats totally my thought :100:

2 Likes

Absolutely not. Your attempt to discourage selling violates the freedom that Shibarium and K9 represent . Those who have confidence in K9 utility don’t care about the nay sayers and sellers. We buy the dip and hold for K9 to go live. Let people do as they please with their financial funds. Best thing we can do is to keep educating people on K9 and show them Why they should hold and stake.

5 Likes

I’m in support of low buy, and high sell taxes. My though is, having a low buy amount in my opinion allows for buyers/investors in the Shib ecosystem to have something of value to look forward to, as well as paying attention to main things in which this may correlate with improved transactions and participation within this ecosystem. Psychology proves that, us as humans may not necessarily value things that come as free (all of the time), opposed to something that cost us. In contrast, having no buy tax may cause a negative impact in which many buyers may buy their token but may lose interest towards yield/staking their token as they may not view it as something worth losing or paying keen attention to, since it was purchases at 0% buy tax.

As for selling, having a fair sell tax at maybe 6% would be beneficial, and a great reward for dedicated holders, while allowing a positive boost of participation and investors within the Shib ecosystem for a longer period of time.

4 Likes

We already voted to change tax structure and it passed. We should stand pat and let the developers do their good work.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a good idea to keep tweaking the tax.
Soon, someone is going to propose to remove it again.
Also, since the proceeds is not for something important like a listing, but just to burn tokens, this won’t be a good reason to impose a tax.
If the purpose is to serve as a deterrent, then those intent on selling will just monitor the vote and sell before it’s implemented. This will create undue sell pressure.
The token is young. The price will recover surely, especially once the app is available to testing, and the launch date looms.

1 Like

This should have went through from Funk’s previous proposal in my opinion. I feel like members are too proud to go back on a sell tax revert than to actually have something that’s going to potentially support the price. Most of us have pretty much seen what the arb bot is doing. Keep the buy tax at 0% and raise the sell tax back to 10%.

3 Likes

it was only in the idea to counter the arb bot to be honest. But i know you may be right

2 Likes

wow such a gentleman and scholar. What a good way to have clever discussion with a community

1 Like

I am still in favor of the original tax structure K9 began with. I would like to see this revert back as much as possible. I do not agree with a lower sell tax as it will only lead to more bot abuse. I believe we should be taking more steps to prevent this in the future unless we want regulations to enforce it.

3 Likes

Seems to be a good balance of DAO members for and against in this topic compared to the previous topic.

3 Likes

As others have stated here and in other topics, I am also in favor of going back to the original tax plan, written in the litepaper.

There was little reason to change the taxes that were already in place, but a DAO is a DAO and people voted to change it. The project lost out on a lot of funding because of it and where are these people now that voted to remove the taxes?

We’ve gotta stop trying to alter the tax functionality every other day here. Think bigger!

The only tax proposal I’ll vote in favor for is reverting back to the original plan.

5 Likes

then lets do it my man