Snapshot.org on Shibarium

Agreed!!
If the proposal to join with Snapshot is desired, then the fee needs to be dispersed across all of Shibarium POC/Nodes/Use.
I see the benefit in sourcing this Partner in the growth and expansion of All Shibarium.
*** SHIBARMY STRONG ***
*** WEAREALLRYOSHI ***

1 Like

Wanna put a little humor in here…lol… I do not know allot about building or developing or how this will bring more builders and developers to shibrium… I just know that Turbo turtle and Buzz say it will so it will… I do however know a lot about business and it being beneficial to all of Shibrium should make all the partners want to bring it in… I believe the cost should be negotiated and shared amongst shibrium partners…Reaching out to those partners is a topic for discussion.

2 Likes

I think the cause is noble, but K9 can’t be solely responsible for that cost. There needs to be a show of interest from within Shibarium. The worst thing to happen would be to pay $20k to see little adoption across the chain, and we can’t be in the business of helping convince them all to use Snapshot just because we bought it for them.

Also, consider the builders on Shibarium may have an alternative of their own. Outsourcing is not always the best solution, and I have heard people talk about voting platforms native to the chain. Perhaps we poll the chain users and devs to take the temperature? Better than dropping $20k and getting ghosted.

1 Like

I see the $20,000 as a proper investment for the DAO. It wouldn’t hurt to seek out support from others on Shibarium to assist with the financial cost. On the other hand it could be a good advertisement that K9 Finance provides Snapshot for our Shibarium community. We should get free advertising in each snapshot group. ( provided by K9 Finance).
I am sure you all get the logistic of my idea.

2 Likes

I vote use resources for more important tasks

1 Like

Overlooking the use case for snapshot it leaves me full of questions. Many of them are good with some hitting a major gray area.

Is K9 financially backing, and or subsidizing, all who choose to use snapshot?

For each, i guess the correct term to use is, merchant that uses snapshot through shibarium, is there marketing incentives, kickbacks, or business deals happening backstage with K9?

(Merchants - producers with products and services being sold, developed, or integrated with, on, or through Shibarium)

What plans do users and, again using this term, merchants of Shibarium have that would warrant adding such ease of software code?

And finally what would be K9’s action against wrongdoers who plan to exploit, abuse, misuse, or misrepresent using this code? Do we have anything in place or planned to oversee these operations?

I like the idea of collaborating with snapshot, but that means we may be opened up to a potential misuse case scenario.

Looks like there hasn’t been any action on this post for the past month. I think we should now consider revisiting the idea since bridging has now started.

It would be nice to be able to both vote and bridge. At this point you need to chose between the 2. Bridge or vote… I just think it is something we reconsider at this point in time. There may also be another solution but I personally would like to be able to bridge over early to be rewarded on the retro airdrop as well as continuing to vote.

We could also potentially allocate funds to put a sales professional on the task of approaching partners to contribute. Which in the end it may just be cheaper and faster to just pay the fee.

It could also push more people into bridging their k9 over to Shibarium. I would think that team alone would be more than happy to contribute to those kind of numbers on their network. If k9 is the largest project on Shibarium, I would think they would want to assist in this process and also promote it to other partners.

Just keeping the conversation rolling…

3 Likes

I now fully support the proposal to move forward on a vote!

How many DAO’s are within Shibarium? Is a good question…

I’m not sure there are any legit ones yet.

It’s been mentioned of K9 building it’s own voting platform…Our team is more than capable… However time restraints could be an issue. I know this is on their agenda as the DAO is a top priority I say next to development and launch of the product…

2 Likes

I don’t think those asking the K9 Finance team to pay $20K ANNUALLY realize the strain on the budget that would cause. That’s $20K removed from additional marketing, building, funding, and expansion, just so you can vote on proposals when we’re already 200% over quorum on every vote already.

Here are your options:

1. Keep your KNINE on ETH and vote

2. Bridge over a certain amount so you can use Bone Crusher. Leave the rest on
    ETH to vote

3. Bridge all your KNINE to Shibarium and use Bone Crusher.

4. Bridge and stake. Unstake and bridge back to vote. Bridge back and restake.

There is no right or wrong action with these options. The choice is totally yours to do as you see fit with your DAO participation.

If you’re still reading, thank you. Here’s the bigger picture:

The Shib World Paper has many sections about how each ecosystem token of SHIB, BONE, and LEASH are ALL GOVERNANCE TOKENS. What does this mean? It means the ‘Shib Team’ has to be building a voting platform for Shibarium or has plans to do so in the roadmap. Good things come to those that wait.

Don’t be short-sighted and hasty to force $20K out of the team’s budget every year just because voting is not activated on Shibarium yet. It will be in due time.

In the meantime, buy more KNINE and allocate some to stay on ETH for voting purposes if it means so much to you.

8 Likes

Very well written proposal…

100% supported this proposal

I believe when one vests their KNINE on Shibarium - they will receive a receipt token which will be able to be used for voting in the DAO as well.

So as long as KNINE is vested - it’s a non-problem really.

Devs might correct me if I’m understanding something wrong.

5 Likes

There is a hidden sKNINE token when vesting.

4 Likes

Just pulling this out of my a… memory, iirc Buzz once said that this is the way: they could either keep it as it is now or implement it with not much effort. Or something like that… XD
At least how i understood it at that time, i think.

2 Likes

As time becomes a crucial factor in the voting process of the DAO I believe it could be in our best interest to fund the integration of snapshot into Shibarium. I have reached out to several Community leaders in regards to shared funding but currently there is no immediate need for snapshot in some of the other projects with a DAO within Shibarium. Funding the snapshot integration for a year could be in our best interest and give time for future development and or participation of other Shibarium projects. The cost was mentioned around 20K which could be negotiated.
Would love to have more thoughts and input as I’m sure the entire DAO would.

1 Like

Those 20k seem like predatory pricing to me. Since they have a ready platform - the real cost of connecting extra network is probably in hundreds of dollars - not thousands.

I would propose creating our own DAO voting platform instead which incorporates Eth + Shibarium.

I am not a coder but I imagine it shouldn’t be too hard to spin a site which would take a snapshot of wallets on Eth and Shibarium at the same time and allow people to cast their votes accordingly.

Even if it costs the same amount to develop - it will pay off after 1 year already.
I would imagine it might be even cheaper though.

And if we build possibility for other projects to join - we can rent it out for a reasonable price or provide it as public service getting great street cred for it in return.

4 Likes

I don’t know how negotiable the price is…lol…I say we go there…to see… I don’t like a 20K cost price tag either…

2 Likes

Of everything I read I agree with this most.
I love the idea and I think voting on SHIB is important, but I also feel like that fee is insane for the actual cost.
Can we not crest our own snapshot for 1/10 of that price annually that incorporates both SHIB and ETH?

2 Likes